Estimator - Kenosha, WI
Bear Homes, LLC is hiring an Estimator to project and control costs by collecting and analyzing information. Day-to-day tasks will include estimating projects, collecting and analyzing data and updating systems.
- Estimating and data entry to maintain cost database for multiple floor plans and features
- Establish and maintain working relationships with suppliers and trade partners
- Communicate with trade partners and team members regarding new and current projects
- Support management in creative solutions to improve current processes and procedures
Key Job Tasks:
- Maintaining standard home pricing program: Bid out and update pricing regularly to ensure the Bear Homes has accurate cost forecasting. Must have a firm grasp on how the standard pricing is structured and qualify bids to ensure the scope is correct. Also includes standard allowances.
- Preparing quotes: Accurately price out projects with direction given by salesperson. Should start at basic level of standard model pricing, add for site specifics, include upgrades requested and add for any known alternates.
- Preparing preliminary budgets: Generate preliminary budgets based on accurate base pricing, adding subdivision and site specifics, upgrades consistent with Move-In Ready Homes (both in general and in the specific location/price point) and upgrades at the direction of the Move-In Ready Coordinator.
- Preparing final budgets: Prepares project to bid, manages the bidding process, coordinates with office positions to drive the bidding process to completion. Exports estimates from bidding software into Proforma, to Accounting compatible format, qualifies bids to ensure costs reflected are for accurate scope of work, enters costs for allowances and any known costs that were not bid out. For custom contracts, prepare budgets according to executed contract, plans and selections. Completes budgets, receives approval from Senior Estimator and submits budgets to Accounting.
- Solid understanding of MS Office, specifically Excel
- Ability to read architectural drawings, surveys and Civil Engineering documents
- Highly detail-oriented and organized who takes pride in work produced
- Ability to prioritize schedule based on workload, deadlines and communication with team
- Impeccable problem-solving skills
- Technical college degree required, 4-year degree preferred, or in lieu of degree, 3+ years of relevant experience
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Vacation and Personal days
- Employer matching 401k retirement plan
In order to ensure a quick response to your inquiry, when applying on-line for this position, kindly include the following information:
- Desired salary
Bear Real Estate Group is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.