What is the building process when you work with BEAR?
Hover over each of the steps to learn more about our Building Process:
Step 1: Financing
Not sure what you can afford? Pre-approval from one of our preferred lenders will help you figure out your options:
- Equity in Current Home
- Down Payment vs. Your Income etc.
- Monthly Payment vs. Your Income etc.
Tip: Pre-approval should start 6 months to a year before you are ready to make a home purchase.
Step 2: Choose Your Homesite
Bear Homes has neighborhoods located throughout Racine & Kenosha Counties
- Whether it’s your first home or a move-up custom home, Bear Homes builds the home you want the way you want.
- Our sales executives will walk you through homesites.
Tip: Already have a homesite? We can accommodate to see which one of our home styles will work best.
Step 3: Choose Your Home Floor Plan
- Choose from one of our many floor plans.
- Customize your floor plan with our in-house design team
- Finalize plan before design center
Tip: Get an idea ahead of time! Floor plans are available to view on our website.
Step 4: Choose Your Interior & Exterior Finishes
- Meet with our Design Specialists to finalize your final custom touches of your new home
- Choose colors and other design features
- Finalize and sign off on details
Step 5: Commence Construction
The average build takes approximately 6-9 months depending on house plan & time of year.
- Three walk through’s with your sales person & expeditor including an overall site, electrical, & final walk through
- Our project manager & expeditors are highly experienced and communicative to provide vigorous quality reviews and inspections
Step 6 : Move In Day!
Here’s the moment you’ve been waiting for – closing and move-in day! Prior to closing, you will have a final walk-through and a new home orientation.
- At key turn over the salesperson will meet you on-site to go over your Warranty binder
- Hand over keys and get final draw paper work signed.
- Welcome to your brand new Bear Home!
Step 7: Follow- Up Services & Warranty
Our Semi-Custom Homes include a 12-month warranty.
- 15 year Dry Basement Warranty
- Warranty coordinator on staff to take all claims and schedule with contractor and homeowner
- Your homebuyer portal will change to homeowner portal where you can submit your warranty requests